2-Day Battlefield Acupuncture at The Won Institute
$425 – 2 Day Course (16 credits)
$212 – 1 Day Course (8 Credits)
- Earn up to:
- 16 NCCAOM AOM- AC PDAs / credits
- 16- Florida CEs
- 16 – California Category 1 CEUs*
- 16- Texas CAE Credits for the Texas Medical Board
Hotel Accommodations Click Here
What is Battlefield Acupuncture?
This ear (auricular) acupuncture protocol was developed by Dr Richard C. Niemtzow in 2001. He is a retired Air Force colonel and was the first full-time physician acupuncturist in the Armed Forces.
He originally conceived this technique as a way to deliver pain relief through acupuncture as quickly and efficiently as possible in combat and other military situations. It is growing in popularity in both military and civilian medical settings internationally.
This unique technique uses semi-permanent ASP® needles to activate ear points in order to influence the processing of pain in the central nervous system. According to Dr Niemtzow, pain relief can be immediate and hold for a longer stimulation. It can also be used in case of anxiety and insomnia.
Click here for more information.
Day 1 – Basic BFA Training
Illusions of the Ear
The history of Acupuncture and Auriculotherapy in the US
Understand the history behind the BFA protocol.
History of Battlefield Acupuncture (BFA) and what conditions can it treat?
Why use BFA?
Types of Needles used and why.
Needle Insertion techniques
Point Location and Function
Recognize Side Effects and Results of BFA
Clinical Cut-Offs and Delayed Response
Apply BFA in your clinical practice successfully.
Ear Care and Follow-up
Day 2 – Advanced BFA Training
Review of Basic Battlefield Acupuncture Protocol
Shen Men How to Look at the Ear.
Pairing and Clustering of BFA Needles
Incorporating Nogier’s Phases into BFA
Paul Nogier’s auriculotherapy phases
When to consider using Advanced Battlefield Acupuncture
Incorporating Devices to enhance clinical outcomes.
Types of Needles used in BFA and Why
Needle Insertion techniques with live demonstrations
How and when to apply Advanced BFA in your clinical practice successfully
Successfully implementing auriculotherapy into your practice
Ear Care and Follow-up with BFA
Questions and Answers
Some studies and articles on BFA:
- Military medicine makes room for Eastern medicine practices
- Acupuncture before surgery means less pain significantly fewer opioids for veterans
- Battlefield Acupuncture and physical therapy versus physical therapy alone after shoulder surgery
- Battlefield Acupuncture shows promising results in alternative pain management downrange
- Battlefield Acupuncture: my story
- Battlefield Acupuncture: Yes it exists and the military is using it to fight troops pain